Website Berkeley Neighbourhood Centre Incorporated
Berkeley Neighbourhood Centre Incorporated (BNCI)
Seeks to employ a passionate, experienced and suitably qualified Youth Worker to assist in facilitating services for young people at the Berkeley Community Centre (Berkeley Youth Project).
You will be responsible for providing advocacy, information, support and referral to young people aged 12-25.
You will be experienced in planning, facilitating and evaluating early-intervention programs for young people aged 12-18.
The position is 25 hours per week subject to ongoing funding. This position is paid at SCHDS Award Level 3
· Ability to plan, facilitate and evaluate programs for young people
· Experience providing appropriate advocacy, information, support and referral to young people aged 12-25
· Ability to collect data and manage records for reporting and accountability purposes
· Ability to support volunteers, casual staff and youth work students on placements
· Demonstrated ability to write reports and keep precise work documents
· Capacity to facilitate outcomes for young people under the DCJ TEI framework and a local government funded project for young people
· Proven knowledge of the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
· Proven ability to work individually and within a team environment
· Minimum Diploma of Youth Work or similar qualification
· A valid paid Working with Children’s Check
· A current first aid certificate
Please address the essential criteria and send along with your resume and a cover letter to the Manager; Maria Di Carlo via email [email protected]
For a position description or further information, please contact Maria Di Carlo on 4271 1661
Applications close at 3:00 pm Wednesday 3rd of March 2020