Website Illawarra Multicultural Services
Provide services to migrant, refugees & mainstream communities
IMS is the lead agency in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven areas providing a range of services to migrant and refugees and mainstream community since 1980. For more information about IMS, please visit our website www.ims.org.au
We are seeking an experienced community education/development worker (fixed term) to be able to provide community education/ community capacity building and preventative programs to recently arrived CALD and refugee communities.
The position requires someone with relevant qualifications and experience in community education/community development and the effective and efficient delivery of services to the client group.
The successful applicant must be able to work in a team environment and deliver a specific program including community education, information and referral and promoting community capacity building amongst the target.
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday 30th November 2018.
When completing your application please address the selection criteria listed below and provide at least 2 referees.
Only applications addressing the selection criteria will be accepted.
1. Qualification in one or more related discipline to community development, child protection or settlement field;
2. Knowledge and experience in community development with an early intervention focus and project management;
3. Experience developing and sustaining collaborative partnerships across a range of stakeholders;
4. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of working with individuals/communities from refugee backgrounds within an early intervention framework;
5. Commitment to the values of IMS;
6. Possession of “Working with Children’s Check”;
7. Possession of a National Police Check; and
8. Current NSW Drivers Licence.
9. English as a second language
The application must be email to:
Please mark Confidential
For information regarding the salary level and conditions please contact [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org