Website Illawarra Multicultural Services
Provide services to migrant, refugees & mainstream communities
IMS is the lead agency in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven areas providing a range of services to migrant and refugees and mainstream community since 1980. For more information about IMS, please visit our website www.ims.org.au
We are seeking to employ a Hub Leader for the Community Hubs program. The position will start as soon as possible and will conclude on 31 December 2019. An ongoing contract in this role is subject to funding. The position is part-time, minimum 20 hours per week and will be based off site.
The position requires someone with relevant qualifications and experience in working with with families within a settlement framework and/ or early years framework.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate experience in implementing projects that support the community and enhance their capacity and skills.
This position requires someone who meets the following criteria:
1. Tertiary qualification in either community development, education, early years or settlement field
2. Demonstrated interpersonal skills including ability to create positive relationships with families
3. Experience working on place based, people centric community development projects
4. Knowledge/experience of working with families within a settlement and or early years framework
5. Demonstrated networking skills and experience developing partnerships with other agencies
6. Ability to set up projects that supports the community and builds their capacity and skill level
7. Develop innovative programs and activities
8. Ability to work as a team member and collaboratively.
9. Commitment to the values of IMS and the NSW Department of Education
10. Possession of Working with Children’s Check
11. Current National Police Check
12. Current NSW Drivers Licence
13. Language other than English
For copy of Position Description please email [email protected]
Applications must be received by Sunday 17th February, 2019.
When completing your application please address each of the points of the selection criteria listed above, include a copy of your current resume with at least 2 referees.
Please note: Only applications addressing the selection criteria will be accepted.
The application must be emailed to:
Please mark Confidential
For information regarding the salary level and conditions please contact [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com