Aged Care Provider
Division: Residential & Connect Services
Work Type: Permanent – Full Time
Applications Close: 25/03/201911:45 PM
Want a career with a true purpose? A fantastic opportunity exists to join the 2018 National Aged Care Provider of the Year!
We’re looking for a Deputy Residential Services Manager to join the team at Warrigal’s Warilla residential care home.
Warrigal is an award winning, community owned organisation which supports older people to create inspiring communities. Warrigal delivers innovative and quality care and support through superior services, practices and management. We currently employ over 1000 staff and 350 Volunteers across the Illawarra and the Southern Highlands and recently celebrated 50 years in operation. We offer competitive pay rates, salary packaging options, a commitment to professional development and a range of initiatives to support flexible working arrangements.
About the role:
As a Deputy Residential Services Manager, you will work closely with the Residential Services Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the residential care home. You will have the opportunity to use your clinical and leadership skills to build relationships with our customers and their families and guide our clinical and care staff to deliver on our vision – that older people will have great lives! This really is a unique opportunity to make your mark and bring something special to this community of older people.
This is a full-time position, with some weekend and outside business hours work required.
- Current registration within the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- 5 years postgraduate nursing experience.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation affecting the operation of aged care facilities.
- Qualify under the Aged Care Act 1997 for nomination as Key Personnel.
- Knowledge and understanding of Government funding arrangements.
- Eligible to work with older people following mandatory criminal record check.
- Highly developed organisational skills and the ability to determine work priorities.
- Exceptional clinical leadership skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrated written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy to intermediate level.
- Previous experience at a senior management level; with the ability to meet management, operational and employee relation’s performance targets.
- Ability to motivate, lead and work in a multi disciplinary team.
- The understanding of and commitment to implement Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Anti Discrimination and Affirmative Action strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to implement Work Health, Safety and Environmental (WHS&E) policies and procedures and return to work programs.
- Post – graduate qualifications in management or aged care
- Working knowledge of Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI).
- Knowledge and experience in the aged care accreditation process.
- Knowledge and experience in working with older people
Application Closing Date: Monday 25 March 2019
Applicants must follow the below steps when applying;
- Go to http://www.warrigal.com.au/who-is-warrigal/work-with-warrigal
- Review the Position Description
- Submit a covering letter addressing the Essential Criteria (maximum 2 pages), resume, qualification transcripts and other supporting documentation.
The recruitment for this position will include a variety of stages including online screening, interviews, reference checking, pre-employment medicals, and a National Criminal History Check.