Aged Care Provider
Location: Shell Cove
Work Type: Fixed Term – Full Time
Clinical Nurse Specialist – 12 Month Fixed Term
A unique opportunity exists for a Clinical Nurse Specialist at Warrigal’s state-of-the-art residential care home at Shell Cove, on a 12 month fixed term appointment.
Warrigal is a community owned organisation which supports older people to create inspiring communities. Warrigal delivers innovative and quality care and support through superior services, practices and management. We currently employ over 1000 staff and 300 Volunteers across the Illawarra and the Southern Highlands and recently celebrated 50 years in operation. We offer competitive pay rates, a commitment to professional development, flexible working arrangements including a rostered day off each month and generous leave provisions.
Warrigal Shell Cove opened in October 2017 and is Warrigal’s flagship home, where new innovative practices are being piloted. To learn more about Warrigal Shell Cove, visit http://shellcove.warrigal.com.au/
About the role:
Our Clinical Nurse Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the day to day provision of clinical care. If you have strong clinical skills honed in an aged care setting and demonstrated experience in the supervision of clinical practices, delivering education and undertaking employee competency assessments we would love to hear from you!
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practice Regulatory Agency (AHPRA).
- Genuine regard for aged persons and an understanding of their needs
- Strong clinical governance skills
- Team Leader/ Supervisor/ Learning and development (nurse educator) experience in a residential care home
- Experience in undertaking competency assessments of care related employees
- Well developed organisational skills and the ability to determine work priorities
- Demonstrated staff management skills
- Strong assessment and documentation skills
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and working experience of Government funding arrangements for care delivery, eg ACFI
- Experience in the development and implementation of Continuous Quality
- Improvement programmes and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated commitment to work health and safety and return to work programs
- Ability to work as part of a multi disciplined team
Understanding of and commitment to implement EEO, anti discrimination and affirmative action strategies
- Computer literacy to intermediate level
- Postgraduate qualifications in and/or practical knowledge of aged related nursing
Certificate IV in workplace training and assessment
- Post graduate qualifications in management or working towards same
- Tertiary qualifications in clinical or nursing education or working toward the same
- Experience in preparing for and participating in an accreditation process
Application Closing Date: Monday 11 February 2019
Applicants must follow the below steps when applying;
Go to http://www.warrigal.com.au/who-is-warrigal/work-with-warrigal
Review the Position Description
Submit a covering letter addressing the Essential Criteria (maximum 2 pages), resume, qualification transcripts and other supporting documentation.