Family Services Australia
Family Services is at an exciting time in its evolution as a leading Not for Profit (NFP) community service provider in Australia, based in the Illawarra-Shoalhaven, NSW. Now operating with therapeutic central triage of client needs, we offer children, young people and families a unique continuity of care experience from multi-disciplined practice leaders and subject matter experts. Our whole Family Services team aims to keep our clients Safe, Well, Strong and Connected.
Our purpose at Family Services is to create positive change in families under stress, as well as a safer and more caring environment for children and young people’s development. Our vision is that all children and young people can live safely and well with their family.
Based at our Warehouse One7 location, just 1km south of the Wollongong CBD, we are seeking applications for a Client Care Support worker to provide administrative and ‘front-end’ support to our client families and clinical team. The successful applicant will have relevant experience in customer care and service or administration, particularly assisting those in vulnerable circumstances. A background in human services, welfare, social work, or psychology will be considered an asset. Part-time positions will be considered for the right candidate(s).
1. Friendly, helpful disposition with a ‘team first’ attitude
2. Capacity to respond to people in distress appropriately and sensitivity to confidentiality of client families
3. Knowledge and understanding of response to matters of client risk
4. Excellent communication skills and customer service experience
5. Ability to effectively and proactively manage a dynamic workload
6. Familiarity with Office software, and ability to learn other relevant practice management software platforms
7. Knowledge of community agencies and the ability to identify and coordinate referral to appropriate services where relevant
8. Current approved “Working with Children Check” and “National Police Check”
9. Current driver’s license
10. Ability to place client or consumer needs first, ensuring quick resolution of issues and inquiries.
Values and Attributes
· Values people and relationships
· Self-motivated with attention to detail
· Systematic and disciplined approach to work
· Persistent in the face of change or challenge
· Committed to ethical practice
· Local community knowledge
Please submit all applications via email (attaching all documentation e.g. Cover letter addressing each of the above requirements and Resume to Mathew Aquilina, Clinical Lead on [email protected] If you have any further inquiries about the position please call 0407 016 187.
To apply for this job email your details to Mathew.Aquilina@familyservices.org.au.